Aviva provides 43 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products.
We are the UK’s largest insurer and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance.
We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
Aviva Ltd is registered in Singapore and is governed by the laws of Singapore. Our parent company, Aviva plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange and is regularly assessed to determine its financial strength and operating outlook.
Aviva plc's financial strength ratings^ are as follows:
|Insurance Financial Strength Rating:||A+
^Ratings accurate as of 17 September 2012 and are published for information and general circulation only and do not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person.
Aviva's success started in a modest London fire insurance office in 1696 and continued to grow across the centuries. Historical milestones included:
1696 - Hand in Hand Fire and Life Insurance Society founded
1797 - Norwich Union formed
1861 - Commercial Union founded
1885 - General Accident formed
1998 - Commercial Union and General Accident merge to form CGU
2000 - CGU and Norwich Union merge
2002 - Aviva is launched
With the large mergers in 1998 and 2002, Aviva continued to gain prominence. Finally, the 2002 launch of the Aviva brand unified more than 50 brands in over 30 countries
We have been serving the Singapore market since 1855. In 2001, the acquisition of the Insurance Corporation of Singapore further strengthened our presence in Singapore, and in 2002, we became Aviva.
Our focus on recognising customers’ and partners’ needs has driven our strong performance to become a trusted leading provider of retirement, investment, insurance and health solutions.
- We’re one of the biggest providers of employee benefits and healthcare in Singapore. This includes protecting Singapore Armed Forces servicemen since 1983.
- Our health and protection solutions continue to be well-received by the market as we constantly find innovative ways to enhance our products, ensuring they remain relevant to our customers’ needs.
- Being the pioneer general insurer in Singapore to offer solutions solely via the internet (aviva.com.sg), we offer simplicity, convenience and cost savings to customers.
- Our funds administration solution, Navigator, remains a preferred investment platform for financial advisers to manage clients’ portfolios with its flexibility and variety of funds.
- Aviva Ltd is a Policy Owners' Protection Scheme (PPF Scheme) member. For more information on the PPF Scheme, please click here