Make a Claim
At Aviva we believe that making a home insurance claim should be as easy and stress free as buying your home policy from us.
Just let us know as soon as possible if you think you may need to make a claim on your home insurance policy. The sooner you let us know, the sooner we will be able to give you all the advice and support you need.
A home insurance claim couldn't be easier. If it is an emergency, our phone claims lines are open all day, all night, every day of the year. If you need us, all you have to do is call 6322 2022. The person you speak to will be able to understand the nature of your home insurance claim and what assistance you need.
They can also offer details of specialists and their costs, which is paid by you, who can help you with the following common household problems:
- Locksmith Referral Assistance - If you are locked out of your home.
- Plumbing Referral Assistance - If your homes’ plumbing is clogged or a leak has sprung.
- Electrical Assistance - If you have an electric power failure or short circuit in your home.
- Air-Conditioner Engineer Assistance - If you have a problem with the air-conditioner in your home.
- Pest Control Assistance - If you require assistance for pest control or pest control prevention for your home.
- Home Cleaning Assistance - If you require assistance for cleaning of carpet, sofa, window, wall tiles or floor tiles in your home.
- Television Repair Assistance - If your television set stops working or develops a fault.
- Freezer and Refrigerator - If your freezer or refrigerator stops working or develops a fault.
- Washing Machine Repair Assistance - If your washing machine stops working or develops a fault.
- Home Nursing Care Assistance - If you need nursing care at home.
If your home insurance claim isn’t an emergency, please download our claim form, fill it in with full particulars and full facts of the claim including its occurrence, detailed circumstances and extent of loss, and submit it with any supporting documents as soon as reasonably possible but no later than 7 days after the incident. For claims enquiry, please contact us at 6827 9966 during operating hours between 8.45am and 5.30pm, Mondays to Fridays (excluding Public Holidays).
When sending the completed home insurance claim forms to us, there are certain documents that will be required in order for your claim to be dealt with quickly and without the need to refer back to you.
Common Documents for Home Claims
- Police report if applicable.
- Death certificate, autopsy report and coroner’s findings for a death claim.
- Proof of relationship between deceased and claimant for a death claim.
- Medical report or discharge summary on onset date, cause, extent of permanent disability (if applicable) and nature of injury or illness.
- A dog or cat pedigree certificate and confirmation from a qualified and registered veterinarian of the cause of the animals’ death.
- Letters confirming cost of replacement documents etc.
- Original purchase receipts.
- Loan or hire purchase agreements.
- Contractor’s invoice(s).
If you have any questions about your home insurance claim that haven’t been answered on these web pages you may wish to read our FAQs. Visit our Home Insurance FAQs.
You can submit your claim form via email with the necessary attachments to us if there are no original documents requirement. Original documents normally refers to all forms of receipts from medical receipts to purchase receipts. We will keep you informed should we require original documents beyond receipts. Please click on the relevant link to download and print the claim form for your use.Home Claim Form
Please note the information contained in this website is not a complete explanation and/or representation of your policy terms and conditions. You are advised to read through your policy document and acquaint yourself with the terms and conditions contained with it.