Make a Claim
At Aviva we believe that making a home insurance claim should be as easy and stress free as buying your home policy from us.
Just let us know as soon as possible if you think you may need to make a claim on your home insurance policy. The sooner you let us know, the sooner we will be able to give you all the advice and support you need.
A home insurance claim couldn't be easier. If it is an emergency, our phone claims lines are open all day, all night, every day of the year. If you need us, all you have to do is call 6322 2022. The person you speak to will be able to understand the nature of your home insurance claim and what assistance you need.
They can also offer details of specialists and their costs, which is paid by you, who can help you with the following common household problems:
- Locksmith Referral Assistance - If you are locked out of your home.
- Plumbing Referral Assistance - If your homes’ plumbing is clogged or a leak has sprung.
- Electrical Assistance - If you have an electric power failure or short circuit in your home.
- Air-Conditioner Engineer Assistance - If you have a problem with the air-conditioner in your home.
- Pest Control Assistance - If you require assistance for pest control or pest control prevention for your home.
- Home Cleaning Assistance - If you require assistance for cleaning of carpet, sofa, window, wall tiles or floor tiles in your home.
- Television Repair Assistance - If your television set stops working or develops a fault.
- Freezer and Refrigerator - If your freezer or refrigerator stops working or develops a fault.
- Washing Machine Repair Assistance - If your washing machine stops working or develops a fault.
- Home Nursing Care Assistance - If you need nursing care at home.
If your home insurance claim isn’t an emergency, please login to your policy online. While online, please fill in our home insurance claims form , print it off and send it with the supporting documents requested to the address shown on the form.
When sending the completed home insurance claim forms to us, there are certain documents that will be required in order for your claim to be dealt with quickly and without the need to refer back to you.
Common Documents for Home Claims
- Police report if applicable.
- Death certificate, autopsy report and coroner’s findings for a death claim.
- Proof of relationship between deceased and claimant for a death claim.
- Medical report or discharge summary on onset date, cause, extent of permanent disability (if applicable) and nature of injury or illness.
- A dog or cat pedigree certificate and confirmation from a qualified and registered veterinarian of the cause of the animals’ death.
- Letters confirming cost of replacement documents etc.
- Original purchase receipts.
- Loan or hire purchase agreements.
- Contractor’s invoice(s).
If you have any questions about your home insurance claim that haven’t been answered on these web pages you may wish to read our FAQs. Visit our Home Insurance FAQs.
Please note the information contained in this website is not a complete explanation and/or representation of your policy terms and conditions. You are advised to read through your policy document and acquaint yourself with the terms and conditions contained with it.