Life & Health - Health
In the hustle and bustle of everyday life it can be hard to give your well being the attention it deserves. At Aviva we are here to help you with our comprehensive health insurance products. The cost of managing your health care needs can rise when aspects of your life change, such as when you have children, or when you're planning your golden years.
Aviva’s health insurance products can protect you from rising medical and hospitalisation costs. So when you need it most, our health insurance plans can help keep you protected and make sure you and your family get the care you need.
MyShield is a Medisave-approved Integrated Shield plan that provides comprehensive health protection with great cost savings for your entire family’s healthcare needs. Unlike other hospital plans, you do not have to worry about your past medical history. With this hardworking Shield plan comes a flexible option so that you can have the opportunity to obtain coverage for pre-existing conditions1
Key Benefits of MyShield:
- Enjoy free coverage for children2
Designed to provide comprehensive medical coverage for your family, MyShield is the only integrated Shield plan in Singapore to provide free medical coverage for your children (up to 20 years old at Age Next Birthday), as long as both you and your spouse are covered under MyShield’s Plan 1 or 2. So you can enjoy cost savings while your family enjoys comprehensive healthcare protection.
- Inflation-proof medical care
MyShield provides “as-charged3” medical coverage, to protect you from medical inflation, even for private hospitals.
- Opportunity to cover past medical concerns with Guaranteed Issuance
First and only insurer to offer this feature in the market, MyShield provides you with the opportunity to obtain coverage for pre-existing conditions1 through a simplified and hassle-free application process that requires no medical declaration, based on moratorium underwriting1.
- Letter of Guaranteed (LOG)5 includes private hospitals4
We are one of the few insurers in Singapore to offer a Letter of Guarantee (LOG)5, even at private hospitals4, allowing you and your family to focus on getting better without worrying about cash payments during hospital admission.
- Affordable cover without the financial strain
There’s no need to strain your cash reserves. Simply put your Medisave funds to work and enjoy comprehensive cover for yourself and your family. Your Medisave Account can be used to pay for premiums from S$800 to S$1,200 per year7
- Guaranteed renewability & unlimited lifetime cover
No matter which plan you choose, MyShield is guaranteed renewable regardless of your future health conditions, and provides lifetime cover with no lifetime claim limits.
Terms and Conditions
1. Based on Moratorium Underwriting and provided applicant is not of occupation class 4 and has not been declined / deferred for other insurance applications.
2. Free coverage for children (up to a maximum of 4 children) is provided based on Plan 2 of MyShield, subject to underwriting, up to 20 years of age next birthday.
3. Co-insurance and/or deductible apply. Pro-ration factor may also apply.
4. Private hospitals include Novena Surgery Pte Ltd , Parkway East Hospital, Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Gleneagles Hospital, Fortis Colorectal Hospital and Mount Alvernia Hospital.
5. Letter of Guarantee will be issued to Hospitals for insured persons who are hospitalised as an inpatient at participating Restructured Hospitals and private hospitals, provided that the estimated total bill amount exceeds the plan deductible.
6. Upfront cash deposit is up to a maximum of S$10,000 after deductible and co-insurance. Higher limits may be granted on a case-by-case basis, via system requests from hospitals.
7. Premiums paid from Medisave based on S$1,200 for customer aged above 80 years old at age next birthday, S$1,000 for 76-80years old at age next birthday and S$800 for 1-75 years old at age next birthday.
Get the extra coverage you need for as little as less than less than 10 cents1 a day.
MyShield Plus Option A
Flexibility to cover your co-insurance expenses and other great benefits:
- Children are covered under Free Child Cover
Like MyShield, your child will enjoy free coverage2 when both you and your spouse are covered under MyShield Plus Plan 1 or Plan 2. This benefit will continue for up to 20 years old at age next birthday even upon the demise of any one of the parents.
- Critical Illness coverage
You can receive a lump sum payout of S$10,000 upon the diagnosis of any one of the 30 critical illnesses, up to 65 years old at age next birthday. Children who are covered under the Free Child Cover are also covered for the full 30 critical illnesses.
- Accidental Coverage for Insured Child
We will payout a lump sum if your child suffers an accidental fracture.
- Advanced Benefit under MyShield Plus Option A
You can expect your MyShield benefits to be enhanced under Advanced Benefit when you are covered under MyShield Plus Option A. To find out more, you can refer to the benefit schedule for the details of Advanced Benefits.
[NEW] MyShield Plus Option C:
Comprehensive coverage with zero out-of-pocket expenses. You can receive the coverage provided by MyShield Plus Option A3 and more:
- Covers your Deductible expenses
You can enjoy coverage with zero out-of-pocket expenses as Option C can cover the charges from first dollar onwards.
- Enjoy Preferred Rate for Children
You child will enjoy preferred rate4 when both you and your spouse are also covered under MyShield Plus Plan 1 or Plan 2.
- Guaranteed renewability
What's more, MyShield Plus is also guaranteed renewable regardless of your future health conditions.
Please contact your preferred Financial Advisor, or an Aviva Advisor, for a copy of the relevant Product Summary/ies.