Make a Claim
At Aviva we believe that making a travel insurance claim should be as easy and stress-free as buying your travel insurance policy from us.
Just let us know as soon as possible if you think you may need to make a claim on your travel insurance policy. The sooner you let us know, the sooner we will be able to give you all the advice and support you need.
A travel insurance claim couldn't be easier. If it’s an emergency and you are overseas, our emergency assistance claims lines are open all day, all night, every day of the year. Whenever you need us, all you have to do is call +65 6322 2022. The person you speak to will be able to understand the nature of your claim and what assistance you need.
Our emergency assistance claims phone service is operated for your benefit by a specifically designated assistance company who specialises in:
- Arranging for emergency medical evacuation and or repatriation.
- Arranging for emergency medical treatment and hospital admission.
- Monitoring of your emergency medical condition.
- Delivery of essential medicine.
- Medical translation service.
- Arrangement of repatriation of mortal remains.
- Arrangement of a compassionate visit.
- Arrangement of the return of minor children.
- Emergency air ticket assistance.
- Emergency message transmission assistance.
- Emergency loss/stolen cards reporting.
- Emergency document delivery.
- Telephone medical advice.
- Assist in retrieving your lost passport or other travel documents and their replacement.
- Assist in retrieving your lost baggage.
- Arranging for emergency tickets, replacements of tickets and arrangement of hotel accommodation when traveling outside the home country or usual country of residence.
- Providing the name, address, telephone number and office hours for lawyers and legal practitioners worldwide.
- Arranging for bail bond on behalf of the policyholder. The provision of financial guarantee is subject to payment from the policyholder through his/her credit card or from funds from the policyholder’s family.
In addition to all of the above emergency assistance, they also provide:
- Medical service provider referral.
- Arrangement of appointments with local doctors for treatment.
- Inoculation and visa requirement information.
- Pre-trip information on weather conditions and exchange rates.
- Providing the name, address, telephone number and office hours for interpreters worldwide.
- Locating the nearest appropriate consulate or embassy whilst you are overseas.
- Hotel accommodation information.
- Business related facilities and services referral.
- Golf course referral and reservation service.
- Car rental and limousine referral service.
- Wine and dine referral and reservation service.
If your travel insurance claim isn’t an emergency, or can be dealt with prior to your trip departure or upon your return to Singapore, please login to your policy online. While online, please fill in the appropriate travel insurance claims form, print it off and send it with the supporting documents requested to the address shown on the form.
If you would like some general travel advice before the start of your trip you can ring our Travel assistance telephone service on 6322 2022. They can advise you on:
- Providing the name, address, and telephone number and if possible and requested, office hours for appropriate embassies and consulates worldwide.
- Providing the name, address and telephone number of hotels in major cities worldwide.
- Information on weather forecasts and temperatures of foreign countries.
- Information on visa and inoculation requirements for foreign countries.
- Information on exchange rates of major foreign currencies.
When sending the completed travel insurance claims form to us, there are certain documents that will be required in order for your claim to be dealt with quickly and without the need to refer back to you.
Common Documents for all Travel Insurance Claims
- Flight/carrier itinerary or passport stamp, which shows the date of departure and return to Singapore (if applicable).
- Boarding pass or card.
Personal Accident / Medical Expenses / Hospital Benefit / Pre Booked Golfing Green Fees
- Original medical bills.
- Medical report or discharge summary on onset date, cause, extent of permanent disability (if applicable) and nature of injury or illness.
- Police report for accident, mugging, kidnap and hostage cases.
- Death certificate, autopsy report and coroner’s findings, permit to bury or cremate (death claim)
- Proof of relationship between deceased and claimant (death claim).
- Confirmation from the golf course where the pre booked green fees were paid that they are non-refundable.
Trip Cancellation or Interruption
- Tour itinerary and tour booking invoice or receipt.
- Travel agency/airline/carrier/pre-booked accommodation confirmation on the cost of non-refundable prepaid traveling expenses (including cancellation fees).
- Written advice/medical certificate from a qualified attending medical practitioner confirming that you were unfit to travel (for cases of serious injury or illness).
- Death certificate (where someone’s death caused this trip cancellation).
- Proof of relationship between deceased/injured/sick person.
Delayed Departure or Missed Departure and/or Connection
- Flight/carrier itinerary, boarding pass or passport stamp, which shows the date of departure and return to Singapore.
- Airline/carrier or their handling agent’s confirmation on the cause and duration of travel delay and/or missed connection.
- Property irregularity report.
- Airline/carrier delay report and acknowledgement slip for your baggage delay claim.
Loss or Damage of Baggage, Golf Equipment and /or Travel Documents / Theft of Jewellery & Personal Money
- Police report of the lost item(s).
- Baggage loss or damage report.
- Confirmation letter from airlines, carrier or travel agent/operator of amount paid as compensation for loss incurred.
- Any photographs of the damage.
- Original repair bill for damaged item(s)/original purchase receipt or warranty card of lost/damaged item(s).
Hijack & Hostage
Confirmation letter from airlines, carrier or travel agent/operator of incident details.
Hire of Replacement Golf Clubs
- Airline/carrier delay report and acknowledgement slip for your golf club delay claim.
- Receipt showing duration and cost of hiring a replacement set of golf clubs.
- Please note that any correspondence you receive regarding this section of your policy should be sent to us immediately.
- Do not admit any liability or make any offer, promise or payment to the third party.
- Copy of any police report if applicable.
If you have any questions about your travel insurance claim that haven’t been answered on these web pages you may wish to read our FAQs. Visit our Travel Insurance FAQs.
Please note the information contained in this website is not a complete explanation and/or representation of your policy terms and conditions. You are advised to read through your policy document and acquaint yourself with the terms and conditions contained with it.
With Aviva, you have the confidence to know that there's no "small print". Visit our General Exceptions to find out more.