Registration for Aviva's Disability Support Programme is now closed. If you've registered for the programme, you'll enjoy the membership benefits till 31 December 2020.
Interim long-term care support for Singaporeans and PRs aged 30-40
Aviva's Disability Support Programme is a free programme that provides interim financial assistance for the registered members in the event of severe disability, before the national CareShield Life scheme is launched.
for Singaporeans & PRs aged 30-40 between 1 Jan 2020 to 30 Sept 2020. No payment required.
Financial assistance if you're disabled
If you become severely disabled while in the programme1, you can apply for a monthly payout of S$600/month for up to 60 months2, to defray the cost of long-term care.
Secure your ability to purchase future insurance
Even if your health status changes before CareShield Life is launched, you'd still have the option to purchase a CareShield Life Supplement from Aviva3, with no loading or exclusion4.
1 Claim must be made on or before 31 December 2020. The payout will be made after a deferment period of 3 months. Please refer to the full terms and conditions of the programme.
2 As long as you remain severely disabled. Proof of continuing Severe Disability must be furnished from time to time at Aviva’s request.
3 The launch of Aviva's CareShield Life Supplement is subject to approval by the Ministry of Health.
4 In the event the health status of the Member changes while in the Programme, the Member will be entitled to purchase a CareShield Life Supplement from Aviva without exclusions or loading, provided all criteria are met, as detailed in the full terms and conditions of the programme.
5 Membership will commence from the date that you receive the confirmation of membership email from Aviva, and will terminate on:
i. 31 December 2020 at 11.59pm or until such time when you cease to receive monthly payouts if you were already receiving monthly payouts under this programme;
ii. the inception of a CareShield Life Supplement policy from Aviva; or
iii. the date you cease to be a Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident,
whichever is earliest.
6 As determined by fulfilling a health declaration and BMI conditions, as well as from past claims experience with Aviva.
Terms and Conditions for Aviva’s Disability Support Programme
1. The Disability Support Programme (the “Programme”) will run from 8 January 2020 to 31 December 2020, both dates inclusive.
2. Eligibility for Membership
(a) The Programme is applicable to Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents who are aged 30 to 40 between 1 January 2020 to 30 Septemeber 2020 (dates inclusive).
(b) To join as a Member of the Programme, Aviva Ltd (“Aviva”) must receive the Member’s application via www.aviva.com.sg/DSP on or before 30 September 2020, and the Member must have received an email from Aviva confirming his/her membership on or before 1 October 2020.
(c) The Member’s membership to the Programme will commence from the date that the Member receives the confirmation of membership email from Aviva, and will terminate on:
i. 31 December 2020 at 11.59pm or until such time as the Member ceases receiving monthly payouts in accordance with clause 7 below, if the Member was already receiving monthly payouts under this Programme;
ii. the inception of any of the Member’s Aviva’s CareShield Life Supplement policy; or
iii. the date the Member ceases to be a Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident,
whichever is earliest (the “Membership Period”).
3. Membership to the Programme is not transferrable and may only be applied for individually.
4. By joining the Programme, each Member declares that:
(a) all the information on the Programme application form is true and complete and to the best of his/her knowledge; and
(b) he/she understands that any misrepresentation or concealment of facts can render his/her membership into this Programme, and any other policy which the Member has with Aviva to which the information applies, null and void.
5. Subject to Clause 7, if the Member suffers a Severe Disability (as defined in Clause 8) during the Membership Period, Aviva will pay to the Member or one of his/her appointed family member/legal representative, the sum of S$600 per month for sixty (60) months (“Monthly Payouts”), the first payment of which will be payable after a deferment period of three (3) months (“Deferment Period”), provided:
(a) The Member informs Aviva via Aviva’s customer hotline or in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before 31 December 2020;
(b) The Member completes as soon as reasonably possible the necessary claim form(s) as requested by Aviva;
(c) Proof of the Member’s identity is provided;
(d) The diagnosis of Severe Disability is confirmed and certified by a registered medical practitioner to be appointed with Aviva’s consent, the cost of such assessment to be borne by the Member;
(e) Proof of continuing Severe Disability is furnished from time to time at Aviva’s request, via a registered medical practitioner to be appointed with Aviva’s consent, with the cost of such assessment to be borne by the Member; and
(f) Any other document necessary to support the claim is provided at Aviva’s request.
6. The Deferment Period shall commence from the date on which Aviva receives the confirmation of the diagnosis of Severe Disability under Clause 5(d). For the avoidance of doubt, the confirmation of diagnosis must be made by a registered medical practitioner who should not be the Member applying for the payout, or any relative, sibling, spouse, child or parent of that Member.
7. All Monthly Payouts for Severe Disability under this Programme will cease upon:
(a) the Member ceasing to suffer from Severe Disability;
(b) the death of the Member;
(c) the Member ceasing to be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; or
(d) once the total payouts made by Aviva to the Members under this Programme have reached S$2 million,
whichever is earliest.
8. For the purposes of this Programme, “Severe Disability” shall mean the inability for the Member to perform at least three (3) of the following Activities of Daily Living, even with the aid of special equipment, and always to require the physical assistance of another person throughout the entire activity:
(a) Washing – The ability to wash in the bath or shower (including getting into and out of the bath or shower) or do a sponge/bed bath.
(b) Dressing – The ability to put on, take off, secure and unfasten all garments and, as appropriate, any braces, artificial limbs or other surgical or medical appliances.
(c) Feeding – The ability to feed oneself food after it has been prepared and made available.
(d) Toileting – The ability to use the toilet or manage bowel and bladder function through the use of protective undergarments such as diapers, or surgical appliances if appropriate.
(e) Mobility – The ability to move indoors from room to room on level surfaces.
(f) Transferring – The ability to move from a bed to an upright chair or wheelchair, and vice versa.
9. No payout shall be made to the Member under this Programme in the event of any of the following occurrences:
(a) Pre-existing Disability or a disability arising from Pre-existing Condition;
(b) intentionally self-inflicted injury, or attempted suicide whether the Member is sane or insane;
(c) war, whether declared or undeclared; alcoholism; or drug addiction;
(d) any fraud, non-disclosure, misrepresentation whether intentional, negligent or innocent of a material fact, or a breach of a warranty or a condition on the Member’s part; or
(e) prohibited by any applicable laws, regulatory policies or other statutory requirements.
10. For the purposes of the Programme:
(a) “Pre-existing Disability” shall mean a Severe Disability suffered by the Member before the commencement of the Member’s membership into the Programme; and
(b) “Pre-existing Condition” shall mean any condition or illness of the Member, prior to the commencement of the Member’s membership into the Programme:
i. of which the Member was aware of and/or had knowledge of;
ii. for which symptoms existed that would cause a reasonable person in the circumstances to seek diagnosis, care or treatment; or
iii. for which medical advice or treatment was recommended or received.
11. Each eligible Member is only entitled to make a claim once throughout his/her Membership Period.
12. The Members understand and acknowledge that the receipt of any payout under this Programme will affect their application for future purchases of insurance policies with Aviva.
13. In the event the health status of the Member changes while in the Programme, the Member will be entitled to purchase a CareShield Life Supplement (the “Policy”) from Aviva without exclusions or loading, provided:
(a) The Member has not received any payout from the Programme or been diagnosed with Severe Disability;
(b) It is the first Policy purchased by the Member from Aviva;
(c) The application form for the Policy is signed by 30 September 2021 (date inclusive) and received by Aviva by 14 October 2021 (date inclusive);
(d) The Policy monthly benefit is capped at S$1,000;
(e) The Policy has the equivalent definition of Severe Disability as this Programme;
(f) The Policy does not cover for the inability to perform at least two (2) out of six (6) Activities of Daily Living; and
(g) The launch of the Policy has been approved by the Ministry of Health.
Each Member acknowledges that Aviva reserves the right to amend, add, withdraw or supplement these conditions at its sole discretion at any time without notice or liability.
14. Notwithstanding Clause 13, the Members agree and acknowledge that the purchase and issuance of the Policy is subject to Aviva’s approval and assessment of the Member’s suitability and that the Policy shall be subject to such separate policy terms and conditions as Aviva may impose.
15. By joining this Programme, each Member consents to:
(a) be contacted by Aviva, Aviva group of companies and/or their service providers, third party representatives for special marketing offers, promotions and information about the Policy and be contacted by telephone call, SMS, mail and email; and
(b) the collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data by Aviva and Aviva group of companies for the above purposes.
16. By joining this Programme, each Member further consents to:
(a) Aviva and Aviva group of companies collecting, using and/or disclosing his/her personal data (whether contained in the Programme application form or obtained from other sources; existing data in Aviva’s record to be collected in future) for the following purposes:
i. To issue and administer his/her Programme membership with Aviva, and such other purposes, ancillary or related to the administering of the Programme, including the processing of his/her personal data for underwriting purposes and/or payout purposes;
ii. For statistical, research, compliance, audit and regulatory purposes; and
iii. To provide general information on product enhancements and services relevant to his/her needs as well as to provide financial advice or product recommendations, where applicable.
(b) Aviva and Aviva group of companies transferring his/her personal data to Aviva related group of companies and/or third-party providers, reinsurers, suppliers or intermediaries, whether located in Singapore or elsewhere, for the above purposes.
17. Each Member confirms that he/she has read and agree to be bound by Aviva’s data protection policy, as may be amended, supplemented and/or substituted by Aviva from time to time, a copy of which can be found at https://www.aviva.com.sg/pdpa.html.
18. Participation in the Programme is subject to the terms and conditions stated herein. Notwithstanding any of the terms and conditions contained herein, Aviva may, at its discretion, terminate the Programme and/or vary any of these terms and conditions at any time and from time to time without prior notice.
19. By participating in the Programme, the Members accept that Aviva’s decision on all matters relating to the Programme is final and binding. If there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Programme, these terms and conditions will prevail.
20. A person who does not participate in the Programme shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap.53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
21. The terms of this Programme will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and each Member agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
This page is published for general information only and does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person. Information accurate as at 1 October 2020.