Singapore – As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to impact people and businesses locally and globally, communities across Singapore will require continued assistance. In support of this, Aviva has pledged $100,000 to the Sayang Sayang Fund initiated by the Community Foundation of Singapore (CFS).
The Sayang Sayang Fund was established to extend help to both healthcare professionals and sensitive communities that may be impacted by COVID-19.
The fund pledged by Aviva will go towards supporting:
● The provision of transport vouchers to frontline healthcare staff in public healthcare institutions such as hospitals and polyclinics. Ancillary staff such as cleaners and security personnel are also included.
● The provision of support funds to staff working in community-based healthcare organisations such as nursing homes, community hospitals, and rehabilitation centres. This is to acknowledge their relentless service and boost morale.
● Additional aid to community partners and charities supporting vulnerable communities like seniors and low-income families who are impacted by the heightened precautionary measures taken during COVID-19. This includes medical and cleaning supplies, subsidised medical treatment, and grocery vouchers.
During these trying times, it is important that the nation bands together to protect the people in Singapore, especially those who are more vulnerable, as best as we can.
About Sayang Sayang Fund
Affectionately named as the Sayang Sayang Fund, it takes after a local colloquial term that most people are familiar with – to love and to care. The objectives of the fund are:
● To provide support for vulnerable communities who are impacted due to the precautionary measures taken recently
● To show appreciation to healthcare staff who are working tirelessly managing the increased workload
● Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business, serving 33 million customers worldwide.
● In Singapore, we’re a provider of Medisave-approved Integrated Shield plans as well as supplementary plans for the national ElderShield scheme.
● We’re also one of the biggest providers of employee benefits and healthcare. This includes protecting Singapore Armed Forces servicemen since 1983, as well as being the appointed provider for the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and Public Officers Group Insurance Scheme (POGIS).
● Our people and their dedication to our customers is what sets us apart. Putting our customers first and caring passionately about their needs, striving to challenge the status quo and putting things right; this will ensure that Aviva will be there for our customers and for our communities today, tomorrow and for many years to come.