We cover you and your car
When you encounter bumps along the road, we're here to provide 24/7 roadside rescue
New eCall smart sensor device for emergencies
A first in Singapore, we are the only insurer to provide a device that instantly dispatches assistance upon detection of a crash.1
No Claims Discount (NCD) protection
Car damaged through no fault of yours? Your NCD remains intact – and no upfront excess payment is required.
Only 10% NCD reduction upon claims
Other insurers penalise you 30% when you make claims. With Aviva, it's only a 10% reduction2.
1Only available for Motor Prestige plan.
2Excluding Motor Lite plan.
Recommended by a trusted industry expert
Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by ValuePenguin
"Aviva offers a car insurance plan that offers more generous coverage and peace-of-mind benefits than other car insurance plans while maintaining a highly competitive edge in pricing."
Introducing the new eCall
A life-saving smart device designed to help you get quick and professional roadside assistance
What is eCall?
The eCall smart sensor device, using Bosch's best-in-class technology, is designed to detect crashes. It features acceleration sensors and intelligent algorithms that transmit real-time data, including the vehicle's location and can help to save lives.
In case of a crash, eCall automatically alerts our emergency team, who will assist you with quick and professional help.
Plug in, Connect and Drive
- Plug in: The eCall device (provided with the Prestige plan) is a user-friendly plug that fits into a 12V outlet of any vehicles.
- Connect: Download the 'Aviva eCall Assistance' app and pair your eCall device via Bluetooth.
- Drive: Once connected, you can drive with greater assurance.
Three plans to suit your needs
Here are the key features of our car insurance plans designed to meet your needs
NEW eCall assistance
(A Bosch smart sensor device will be provided)
|Repairs for your car
Where you can send your car for repairs
|Approved repairer only||Any repairer1
|Brand new car replacement2
||For new car < 12 months old||For new car < 12 months old
||For new car < 24 months old|
|Additional Excess for young and inexperienced driver3
|No windscreen excess payment||S$100||S$100
1Excess will be doubled if done at non-approved repairer.
2If the accident repairs cost 70% > its market value (provided its a new car and it happened within the time specified).
3If the driver (including policyholder) is aged 24 and below or has held a valid driving license for less than 2 years.
Level up your cover
Need enhanced coverage? Consider these add-ons when you purchase
No Claims Discount protector
Protect your No Claims Discount (NCD) in the event of a claim.
Use of replacement car
Car in the workshop due to an accident? Stay mobile with a replacement car free of charge for up to 10 days.
Replacement locks & keys
Misplaced your car key? We'll pay for the replacement of the locks, central locking interface and any affected parts of the car's alarm, etc.
Additional Personal Accident cover
Cover for accidental injury to you or any passengers in your car including loss of sight or hearing, loss of limb(s) or death.
View more exciting savings!
Have complete peace of mind when you're on the road with these special savings.
Got any questions?
Who can buy Aviva car insurance?
To buy Aviva Car Insurance, you must be/have:
- 21 to 70 years old and residing in Singapore
- the registered car owner of the car to be insured
- medically fit to drive and satisfy all driving regulations
- at least 1 year of driving experience
- not been previously refused car insurance for any reason
- made no more than 2 claims in the past 3 years
- no more than 12 demerit points or Driver Improvement Points System (DIPS) recorded on your driving licence
- a car with no modification or only modifications approved by Land Transport Authority of Singapore ("LTA") – this applies to new and renewed policies taken out on and after 16 Dec 2014
- a car not more than 15 years old
I am a member of the Aviva MINDEF / MHA group insurance. Can I get a discount?
Got an insurance policy under MINDEF / MHA's voluntary scheme? Then yes, you (and also your spouse, children, parents and siblings too) are absolutely eligible for a 15% discount off your car insurance premium! Click here to buy.
If you're covered under MINDEF / MHA's core scheme only and want to upgrade to the voluntary scheme to get discounts and other goodies, call our Aviva Relationship Consultants at 6827 8000 (Mondays to Fridays excluding Public Holidays, 8:45am to 5:30pm). Or email us at MINDEF_insurance@aviva-asia.com
What is NCD?
NCD is short for "No Claims Discount". This term is common with all car insurance companies. It means that if you don't make any claims on your car insurance, you get a 10% discount off the price of your car insurance premium every year. You can accumulate this yearly discount for more savings every year, capped at a maximum of 50%.
How do I access my policy online to view or make changes?
Visit MyAviva and log in with your email address and password. You can view and change your own damage policy excess, among other things.
What is covered in your policy?
Benefits of Aviva's Car Claims Service
- Aviva's free 'Get You Home Service' for You and Your passengers if Your car cannot be driven following an accident in Singapore (This benefit does not apply for Motor Lite plan).
- No deductible or excess to pay if we confirm the accident is not your fault.
- We don't make you pay for other people's negligence; we will pursue the responsible party for the recovery of all of our costs.
- Free accident recovery 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year round.
- Car repairs carried out at our Approved Repairers come with a free 12 month warranty.
Free Car Breakdown Cover in Singapore
Your Car Policy with Aviva entitles you to free breakdown assistance in Singapore. Our breakdown lines are open 24/7. If you need us all you have to do is call +65 6333 2222. We will dispatch Mobile Accident Response Service (MARS), who will attempt to repair your vehicle at the roadside. If that isn't possible we will tow your car to the service centre of your choice within Singapore (This does not apply for Motor Lite plan)
For new and renewed policies taken out on and after 28th Apr 2018:
Can I get instant car insurance cover with Aviva?
Yes. You can purchase your car insurance and make payment online. You can choose to receive your policy documents and certificate of insurance via email instantly.