Lifetime assurance at an affordable price
A whole life insurance plan that you can purchase by yourself, directly from insurance companies.
Coverage as long as you live
Payout when you die or get a Terminal Illness.
Accumulate potential bonuses
This means more cash at your payout.
Premiums don't change
The same premium guaranteed, throughout the premium term.
Click here to learn more about what is Direct Purchase Insurance (DPI) and how it works.
An easy way to get protected
Just a simple plan to start or add to your portfolio.
|Key benefits||Coverage / Options |
|Basic benefits ||Payout upon Death, Terminal Illness1 or Total and Permanent Disability |
|Potential Bonuses2 ||Yes|
|Coverage3 ||Sum Assured from S$50,000 to S$200,000|
|Death and Terminal Illness (TI) coverage period||Whole life |
|Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) coverage period ||Ends at 65 Age Next Birthday (ANB) |
|Accumulate Cash Value||Yes|
|Premium Payment Period ||Choose to pay till 70 ANB or 85 ANB |
|Premium Payment Options ||Choose to pay either monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly|
|Entry Age4||19-65 ANB|
|Country of residence||Singapore|
Add-on for extra protection
Need enhanced coverage? Consider this add-on when you purchase our plan.
DIRECT- Aviva Critical Illness Cover II
Get a lump-sum payout when you are diagnosed with any of the 30 covered critical illnesses5
Need more information?
Here are the steps to apply.
Got any questions?
What are the Direct Purchase Insurance (DPI) plans offered by Aviva?
There are two life insurance plans which you can purchase directly from us. They are:
DIRECT - Aviva Term Life
- A Term Life plan that provides up to S$400,0001 coverage for Death, Terminal Illness, or Total and Permanent Disability.
- Available cover term options are – 5 years, 20 years, or up to 65 Age Next Birthday.
- Premiums are level and do not increase with age.
- Premium payment period is the same as the policy coverage period.
DIRECT - Aviva Whole Life
- A participating Whole Life plan that provides a lump-sum payout up to $200,0001 and non-guaranteed bonuses (if any) when Death, Terminal Illness, or Total and Permanent Disability happens.
- Potential to accumulate bonuses annually.
- Premiums are level and do not increase with age.
- Choice of premium payment period - i) Pay till 70 Age Next Birthday or ii) Pay till 85 Age Next Birthday.
1Aviva Direct Purchase Insurance coverage limit per person: Maximum sum assured of S$400,000 for DIRECT- Aviva Term Life, inclusive of maximum S$200,000 for DIRECT- Aviva Whole Life is allowed. Please refer to the illustrations below:
- Illustration 1: f you have purchased a DIRECT- Aviva Term Life with sum assured of S$300,000, you may purchase an additional DIRECT- Aviva Term Life or DIRECT- Aviva Whole Life with sum assured of S$100,000.
- Illustration 2: If you have purchased a DIRECT- Aviva Whole Life with sum assured of S$100,000, you may buy another DIRECT- Aviva Whole Life not exceeding sum assured of S$100,000 or DIRECT- Aviva Term Life not exceeding sum assured of S$300,000.
In addition, both plans give you an option to add a DIRECT- Aviva Critical Illness Cover II, so that you can be protected if you are diagnosed with any of the 30 critical illnesses stated in the Product Summary. These 30 critical illnesses are standard across all insurance companies offering the DPI plans.
Who is eligible to apply for the DPI plans?
You may apply for these plans as long as:
- You are a resident in Singapore (including foreigners who are holding a valid Employment Pass, Work Pass, Dependant Pass or Student Pass), and
- You are between 19 and 65 Age Next Birthday (both ages inclusive).
Do I need to submit any medical reports or undergo any medical check-ups?
Yes. The DPI plans will go through a similar approval process as non-DPI life insurance plans. You are advised to submit your medical report and you may also be required to go for a medical check-up.
How do I know if my application has been successfully completed?
For application that does not require further underwriting, a confirmation email accompanied with the policy number will be sent to you. The policy document will be sent to you via post.
How can I make a claim?
You can obtain a claim form through the following ways:
- Download the claims form from our corporate site
- Call our customer service hotline at 6827 9933 (8.45am to 5.30pm, Mondays to Fridays, excluding public holidays) to request for one
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request for one
- Visit our Customer Service Hall to obtain a printed form
Instructions on how to file a claim is found on page 1 of the individual claim form.
This policy is underwritten by Aviva Ltd.
The information on this page is for general information only and does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs of any specific person. Product Summaries for direct purchase insurance may be obtained from Aviva Ltd and www.aviva.com.sg.
As direct purchase insurance are sold without financial advice, you should make sure you have carefully assessed your insurance needs as well as whether you can afford the premiums for the duration of the policy. You should also read the Product Summary, Policy Illustration, Direct Purchase Insurance Fact Sheet and Checklist and all related information on www.aviva.com.sg to understand the features of the product and assess whether the product you have chosen is appropriate to your financial needs and insurance objectives.
As buying a life insurance product, including a direct purchase product, is a long-term commitment, an early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and the surrender value, if any, that is payable to you may be zero or less than the total premiums paid. Buying a health insurance policy that is not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. This is not a contract of insurance. Full details of the standard terms and conditions of this policy can be found in the relevant policy contract.
Information is accurate as at 26 August 2020.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners' Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required for you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact Aviva Ltd or the Life Insurance Association or SDIC website (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).