Get the most out of your Aviva MyShield plan
When it comes to searching for a suitable medical specialist, the process can be a tedious one. What type of specialist do I need? Which clinic should I go to? How much will the treatment cost? Will it be covered by my health insurance?
At Aviva, we've made this process easier by curating a panel of private medical specialists just for you. What's more, policyholders can enjoy a myriad of other benefits when they consult with specialists on this panel.
For policyholders of MyShield Plan 2, 3 and Standard Plan, please consider the coverage of your MyShield plan type before consulting with the private specialists on our panel. MyShield Plan 2, 3 and Standard Plan are not designed to cover medical expenses with private specialists, including those from our panel, hence your hospitalisation and surgical/treatment costs may not be claimable in full.
200+ medical specialists across various disciplines
Carefully curated based on their experience and their reliability to provide quality healthcare services.
Skip the waiting time. With expedited appointments, you can see a medical specialist within 3 working days.
Enjoy preferred outpatient consultation rates exclusively for Aviva MyShield policyholders.
Certainty of claim outcome
With panel specialists, you can get pre-approval for non-emergency hospitalisation and medical treatment claims. This assurance means you can focus on recovery without worrying about medical bills.
We'll settle the approved medical fees if ever you require hospitalisation.
Higher coverage and benefits
The annual claim limit will be increased up to S$2,000,000 per policy year and receive an additional critical illness benefit of $1,000 per lifetime with MyShield Plan 1 with MyHealthPlus.
Follow this 3-step process when you need a specialist
Select a medical specialist
How to make an appointment:
• Call 1800 8800 880
Make sure your plan covers the procedure
Cashless and hassle-free treatment
Focus on your recovery with cashless admission (subject to the approved amount) and paperless claims at any of our participating hospitals and clinics. The hospital/clinic will submit your claim directly to Aviva.
Higher policy coverage and benefits
Here's a comparison chart to illustrate the benefits of choosing a panel specialist.
Policy year limit (for MyShield Plan 1)
|Up to S$2,000,000||Up to S$1,000,000||Up to S$1,000,000|
|Pre-hospitalisation treatment benefit||As charged up to 180 days||As charged up to 90 days||As charged up to 90 days|
|Post-hospitalisation treatment benefit||As charged up to 365 days||As charged up to 180 days||As charged up to 180 days|
|Annual deductible (with MyHealthPlus)||• Up to $1,000 for inpatient treatment |
• Up to $500 for day surgery
|• Up to $2,000 for inpatient treatment |
• Up to $1,000 for day surgery
|• Up to $2,000 for inpatient treatment |
• Up to $1,000 for day surgery
Additional benefits for outpatient kidney dialysis at a panel private dialysis centre or a subsidised dialysis centre.
|Benefits||Kidney dialysis received at a panel private dialysis centre||Kidney dialysis received at a subsidised centre/restructured hospital|
|Waiver of pro-ration factor benefit (for MyShield Plan 2 and 3)||Applicable||Not applicable|
|Additional critical illness benefit for kidney failure (with MyHealthPlus)||• $1,000 per lifetime for MyShield Plan 1||• $3,000 per lifetime for MyShield Plan 1 |
• $2,000 per lifetime for MyShield Plan 2 and 3
List of panel private dialysis centres and subsidised centres
Panel private kidney dialysis centres
Subsidised kidney dialysis centres
Enjoy preferred consultation rates
Aviva MyShield policyholders can enjoy preferred rates for outpatient consultation fees or walk-in fees (whichever is lower), even if the consultation is not claimable from your plan.
Preferred rates for Aviva MyShield policyholders:
• First consultation fee: S$120 (before GST)
• Follow-up consultation fee: S$70 (before GST)
Simply make an appointment with a panel specialist here. Alternatively, if you've made your own appointment, simply flash your MyShield e-card at the panel clinic to enjoy the preferred rates.
Consent for pre-authorisation request:
- You, declare and warrant that the information you have given is true, correct and complete and no material information has been withheld or omitted. You understand and agree that Aviva relies on the information and declarations you have given to evaluate the Life Assured's pre-authorisation request. If Aviva becomes aware of a material fact which is untrue, incorrect or undisclosed, the Certificate of Pre-Authorisation will not be valid.
- You authorise Aviva, its related corporations, service providers and third-party administrators ("Representatives") to ask any clinic, hospital, doctor, person or organisation and the clinic, hospital, doctor, person or organization to disclose to Aviva and the Representatives, all information relating to any illness, injury, medical history, consultations, prescriptions or treatment concerning the Life Assured, and to furnish to Aviva and the Representatives copies of all the Life Assured's hospital or medical records at any time for the purposes of evaluating, and processing the Life Assured’s pre-authorisation request and the Life Assured's claims.
- You also consent to Aviva Ltd (and Aviva related group of companies) collecting, using, disclosing and transferring your personal data among themselves and/or to third-party service providers, reinsurers, suppliers or intermediaries whether located in Singapore or elsewhere, for the above purposes.
Cashless admission with participating hospitals and clinics
If you require hospitalisation and/or surgery, pre-approval of your claim will not only give you certainty of claimability, you can also enjoy cashless admission (submission to the approved amount) if you're receiving treatment at the following participating hospitals or clinics.
The policy is underwritten by Aviva Ltd.
This is published for general information only and does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person. A copy of the Product Summary may be obtained from Aviva Ltd and the participating distributor's offices. You should read the Product Summary before deciding whether to purchase the policy. You may wish to seek advice from a financial adviser representative, before making a commitment to purchase the product. In the event that you choose not to seek advice from a financial adviser representative, you should consider whether the product in question is suitable for you. Buying health insurance products that are not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. This information is not a contract of insurance. Full details of the standard terms and conditions of this plan can be found in the relevant policy contract.
Information is accurate as at Jan 2020.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners' Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact Aviva Ltd or visit the Life Insurance Association Singapore or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).