Updates on MediShield and MyShield / MyShield Plus
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has announced enhancements to MediShield coverage for all Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PRs). From 1 November 2015, the enhanced MediShield will be named "MediShield Life".
How MediShield (MediShield Life after launch) works with MyShield
Your MyShield policy comprises two components – MediShield and additional coverage provided by Aviva.
When launched, MediShield Life will replace the current MediShield portion in your MyShield policy.
While MediShield Life will provide basic coverage, MyShield will continue to provide you with additional coverage. The range of additional benefits may differ depending on your MyShield plan type. Broadly, they are as follows:
- "As charged" coverage at public or private hospitals for most benefits. This means you will not be restricted by MediShield Life's claim limits and all eligible expenses can be claimed.
- Option to cover co-insurance and/or deductible with MyShield Plus.
- Higher annual claim limits.
- Coverage for pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation treatments.
- Free Plan 2 coverage for up to 4 children until age 20, if you and your spouse are covered under MyShield Plan 1 or 2.
Change of name for Aviva's MyShield Plus
From September 2015, MyShield Plus will be renamed MyHealthPlus. There will be no change to the coverage and policyholders will continue to enjoy the same benefits of MyShield Plus under MyHealthPlus.
If you are a MyShield Plus policyholder, we will be sending you an updated copy of the policy contract at the time of your policy renewal from November onwards.
If you have any other questions, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) here.