Personal Accident Insurance

At Aviva we believe that making a personal accident insurance claim should be as easy and stress free as buying your personal accident insurance policy from us.

Just let us know as soon as possible if you think you may need to make a claim on your policy. The sooner you let us know, the sooner we will be able to give you all the advice and support you need.

Tips on what to do when you are injured

Call the Police if you are involved in a traffic accident

  • You will also need to exchange certain details with the other parties, even if you think the accident wasn't your fault. The details you should give and get from other involved are:
    • Their name(s) and NRIC/FIN Number(s)
    • Their address and telephone contact number
    • Their vehicle registration number and name of their Insurance Company.
  • If you are able to, take photographs of the scene using a camera or mobile phone.

Call your travel insurance hotline if you are injured overseas

  • Although your Personal Accident Policy covers for overseas accident up to 182 days during any police year, we recommend that you purchase travel insurance separately so that if there is any emergency medical issue that needs attention, you should call your travel insurance emergency assistance hotline for help.
  • Should you purchase Aviva Travel Insurance, we provide emergency assistance whilst overseas. All you have to do is call. For more information on Aviva Travel Insurance claims tips, please click on the link here

Consult a registered doctor

  • If you sustained an accident injury, you should seek treatment at a clinic or hospital, legally licensed registered Chinese physician or chiropractor.
  • Treatment should be rendered within 365 days from date of accident.

Claim Form

You can submit your claim form via email with the necessary attachments to us if there are no original documents requirement. Original documents normally refers to all forms of receipts from medical receipts to purchase receipts.

We will keep you informed should we require original documents beyond receipts. Please click on the relevant link to download and print the claim form for your use.

Claims Supporting Documents

When sending the completed personal accident insurance claims form to us, there are certain documents that will be required in order for your claim to be dealt with quickly and without the need to refer back to you.

Personal Accident / Medical expenses / Hospital Benefit

  • Original medical bills/receipts.
  • Medical report, medical memo (minor injury medical expense), discharge summary, attend physician summary (APS) on onset date, cause, extent of permanent disability (if applicable) and nature of injury.
  • Police report for traffic accident, criminal related cases.
  • Death certificate, autopsy report and coroner's findings (death claim).
  • Proof of relationship between deceased and claimant (death claim).

Personal Liability

  • Please note that any correspondence you receive regarding this section of your policy should be sent to us immediately.
  • Do not admit any liability or make any offer, promise or payment to the third party.
  • Copy of any police report if applicable.
  • Any other documents to show what happened.


How do I make a claim?

To make a claim, please download our claim form, fill it in with full particulars and full facts of the claim including its occurrence, detailed circumstances and extent of loss, and submit it with any supporting documents as soon as reasonably possible but no later than 7 days after the incident.  For assistance, please contact us at 6827 9966 during operating hours between 8.45am and 5.30pm, Mondays to Fridays (excluding Public Holidays).

How long does it take to process my claim?

In order for our Claims Department to be able to assess the admissibility of a claim, it would depend on the completeness and timeliness of submission of all supporting document. If all documents are in order, Aviva would be able to settle your claim within 30 days, subject to the prevailing insurance laws and other relevant laws governing estates.

If I am admitted to a Hospital overseas, am I still covered? How do I submit a claim?

Yes. If you are admitted to a hospital overseas due to an insured accident event, you are covered for any inpatient treatment up to the policy limit. You will need to settle the bill with the hospital first, then seek reimbursement from us upon return.

Can I choose to claim from Aviva Personal Accident despite having my company medical coverage?

If, at the time of any claim arising under this policy, there is any other insurance covering the same loss, damage or liability, We will only pay Our share of the claim. This condition does not apply to benefits under Section 1, Section 3 and, if applicable, Section 5.

In an unfortunate event that I pass away, how will the death benefit be paid out?

In the event of a Death Benefit, Aviva will pay to the first $150,000 to the proper claimant. The balance of the Death Benefit will be paid according to the prevailing insurance laws and other relevant laws pertaining to estates of deceased. The nomination of Beneficiary framework under the Insurance Act is not applicable for General Insurance policy arrangement. (to be confirmed with Legal)


Please note the information contained in this website is not a complete explanation and/or representation of your policy terms and conditions. You are advised to read through your policy document and acquaint yourself with the terms and conditions contained with it.

Contact us

Customer Service Hotline

+65 6827 9966

Mondays to Fridays, excluding public holidays from 8:45 to 17:30