Aviva COVID-19 premium relief measures
We're here to support you through this challenging period
COVID-19 has resulted in a significant financial impact on many households. We understand that some may struggle to pay their insurance premiums. Yet, in uncertain times, having a financial safety net is more important than ever.
As part of the COVID-19 relief measures, eligible policyholders of Aviva can apply for a premium deferment or an extension of the grace period if they are unable to pay their deferred premiums in full.
We hope this initiative can go some way to help those who need it most during these difficult times.
Apply for an extension
If you are already on the Aviva COVID-19 Premium Deferment Programme but are unable to pay your deferred premiums in full, you can apply for an extension.
Apply for a deferment
If your premium due date falls after 01 Oct 2020 (date inclusive), you can apply for your premium payment to be deferred till 31 March 2021.
If you are not eligible for premium deferment, there are alternative premium relief options you can consider depending on your policy's eligibility.
For further extension of the premium deferment period
To ease the financial strain caused by the global pandemic, Aviva has offered a 6-month premium deferment to policyholders who are financially impacted by COVID-19 if their premium due date falls between 1 April 2020 and 30 September 2020.
Policyholders who are currently on the 6-month premium deferment will require to pay the deferred premiums in full by the end of the deferment period. Policy terms will apply if the premiums remain unpaid at the end of the deferment period — i.e., the policy will lapse, be converted to paid-up, or an automatic premium loan will be applied.
If you need further support after 30 September 2020, you can apply for an extension of the premium deferment period, which is subject to approval. Here's how it works.
How it works
How to apply
To defer your premium payment for the first time
If your premium due date falls after 01 Oct 2020 (date inclusive) and would like to defer your premium payment, you can apply for premium deferment till 31 Mar 2021.
You may log in to MyAviva to check your premium due date.
How it works
How to apply
Frequently asked questions
1. What’s this programme about?
2. How can I check my premium due date to verify if I am eligible to apply for the premium deferment?
3. What are the supporting documents needed?
4. Is interest chargeable during the premium deferment period?
5. If I have multiple Aviva policies, can I apply a premium deferment for all of them?
6. How will I be notified on the outcome of the application?
7. If I am on GIRO/credit card, will premium continue to be deducted during the premium deferment period?
8. If I am using CPF Medisave and Cash to pay for the premium of my health policy, will deduction from the CPF Medisave continue during this premium deferment period?
9. What do I need to do after the end of the premium deferment period?
10. How can I pay the deferred premiums?
11. What happens if the deferred premiums are not paid at end of the premium deferment period?
12. Is my policy coverage affected during the premium deferment period?
13. Can I claim during the premium deferment period?
Information is correct as at September 2020.